Canvas care notes below.
If there are complementary zip ties included in your order they are removable ones to assist in securing your item, if needed.
Please ensure that you secure your luggage well. The panniers have tie down points to use. Because they are called throw-over panniers does not mean they don’t need securing.
Canvas is not heat proof so please be careful of where you place your luggage in relation to your exhaust system.
Canvas Care Instructions
To help maximise the durability and life of your defab® Canvas, please follow the following instructions
thoroughly – this will allow you to enjoy many years of excellent service and satisfaction from your defab®
• Prior to using your defab® canvas we recommend that you thoroughly wet your canvas with a domestic hose
and let it dry fully in the sun. This is necessary to allow the fabric to settle after transport and packaging.
Failure to do this may cause leakage in initial exposure to rain.
• Store, pack or roll up only when clean and dry.
• To remove dirt, brush dry fabric with soft brush. (An occasional hosing may remove dust and some
• Never scrub the fabric.
• Do not expose to petrol or oil.
• Immediately remove deposits of organic matter (such as soil, grass cuttings, leaf litter, bird droppings,
vehicle exhaust, pollutants, etc)
• Remove any mildew, as it appears, first by brushing, then by treating with diluted chlorine bleach (typically
1 part White King to 4 parts water to achieve 1% available chlorine) Allow to dry in full sun, then hose well to
remove any residue.
• Do not use strong bleaches such as ‘pool chlorine’.
• Do not use soaps, detergents, solvents, or other liquid cleaners.
Exposure to the elements and excessive cleaning may affect the water proofness and appearance of the
canvas. Occasional rejuvenation of your canvas is recommended. Additional proofing may help re-invigorate
the canvas. Only use one type of proofing agent on your canvas. Fluoro-chemicals like Scotch guard may be
used on all fabrics. Only reproof® by defab® is recommended to be used on defab® canvas.